HerdMaster is a full herd management and accounts system for PC and mobile. The software helps you meet all your legislative needs, and has a big focus on improved farm profitability. It links the farm with all the key national organisations such as ICBF, Agfood and Teagasc. Farm data links automatically with marts, meat factories, weighing scales and much more.
Using the HerdMaster smartphone app, you can view all relevant information and record a wide variety of data for an animal while on the yard. The smart phone software works fully offline and all data is stored on the AgriNet server in the event of phone damage or loss.
Calf registrations are sent directly from from AgriNet HerdMaster to the Agfood Department database by a web service link. HerdMaster also allows you to pick calves and request a movement permit. You get real time feedback if there are any issues with an animal's eligability to be moved. Once permits are received by email from the Department of Agriculture, you just print the permits and sell the animals.
For farm inspections, HerdMaster's bovine herd register has been approved by the Department of Agriculture. The report contains the herd register plus all the animal remedies for a Department or Bord Bia inspection. All the data for the inspector is in one place. Animal remedies can be recorded on the Smartphone or the PC.
Herd data is constantly being updated using ICBF data; including milk records, EBI, plan bull records, classifications, pedigree data and back ancestry. AI technician serves and weights can also be loaded from ICBF. All required data can then be sent back to ICBF electronically. The animal events exported to ICBF are: Calve, Castrate, Die, Dry Off, Diagnose, Heat Noticed, Mastitis, Preg Test, Run bull, Sale, Serve AI, Serve Farm Bull, To Cull, Wean, Weigh.
HerdMaster has an excellent reporting function, which allows beef finishers to:
- Allocate feed to a group of beef animals
- Import weights electronically
- calculate desired target heifer weight based on her breed, month of birth, month of first calving and desired weight for calving down
- manage all data entry for the original Suckler Cow Scheme
Dairy stock can quickly be sorted and filtered, based on monthly milk recording results such as yield, fat, protein, SCC, etc. Milk recording data is available from ICBF and is used extensively in a number of reports. AgriNet HerdMaster has had a very accurate milk quota calculator which has helped many clients avoid super levy fines.
HerdMaster has a range of reports in the area of fertility management and fertility problem solving. The software has included a lot of options to shortlist animals with potential fertility problems that need to be examined by yourself or your vet. AgriNet HerdMaster has a very detailed report for fertility and breeding analysis.
The sheep section is built around the National Sheep Identification System (NSIS) and allows you to maintain a Department Approved Flock Register. NSIS has increased functionality to maximise the management benefits of tagging sheep. With HerdMaster, you can do an end of year flock reconciliation to identify sheep with missing tags. Sheep can be recorded as missing as well as dead or sold. A report is available to crosscheck the flock during the reconciliation process.
For dairy, beef and sheep farmers with a tillage enterprise on the farm, the AgriNet software provides a tillage solution both from a field management and a financial management point of view.
HerdMaster features a nitrates and REPS section, implementing the nitrates directive from A to Z. It calculates stock numbers and nutrient production from farm animals and allows for animals that are out for B and B feeding as well. N and P contribution is calculated from each animal for every day of the year that the animal is on the farm.
HerdMaster Data Links
- Meat factories (ABP, Dawn, Liffey and Kepak) can email you the results of the kill when you send a batch of animals to the factory.
- Most marts can email a file with all transactions. Any animals bought or sold will be included with all relevant data.
- HerdMaster software links to a range of weighing scales, (SR300, XR3000, EziWeigh, Gallagher and Digi-Star). Animal data can be sent down to scales and weights can be uploaded to HerdMaster electronically from the scales.
- In the parlour link, you can export animal events to a milking parlour, including Calve, Heat, Serve, Pregnancy Test, Mastitis and Dry Off. You can also import milk yield data from the milking machine. It is also possible to send drafting instructions to the parlour.
Herd data syncs electronically from ICBF and Agfood, so very little data entry is needed.
Print this order form to your printer.
If you prefer to pay the annual fee by direct debit print this form.