Farm Management Software (Republic of Ireland Only)
- Farm management software for dairy, beef, sheep and tillage farmers.
- All enterprises are included in one product
- Pricing For a farm that has a dairy enterprise the annual fee is €220 including
- This includes all software: dairy, beef, sheep, tillage, REPS, nitrates,
grassland, accounts, eProfit and software for pocket computers.
- It includes the online grassland software for farmers, discussion group members
and group facilitators.
- It also includes as much telephone training and support as you want from 9am to
10pm, Monday to Friday.
- For a dry stock farm the annual fee is €190 including VAT for beef, sheep,
tillage, REPS, nitrates, grassland, accounts, eProfit and software for pocket
For Beef and Dairy Enterprises
- The herd is started on AgriNet electronically using data from the ICBF and
agfood.ie (Department of Agriculture). This means that very little data entry is
needed to get the herd started correctly.
- Manage the Suckler Cow Scheme. All disbuddings, castrations, meal feedings and
weaning data are emailed to the ICBF. The program tracks all records to make
sure you are meeting the rules of the scheme.
- A Department of Agriculture approved bovine herd register is maintained using
day-to-day management events such as purchases, births, sales and deaths.
- An animal remedies list is maintained as drugs are entered.
- Register all calf births with the Department of Agriculture using email.
- Apply for movement permits.
- Before selling, check if animals are within a retention period for drugs.
- Meat factories can supply you with the factory kill sheet by email. This updates
your bovine herd register automatically.
- Data can be emailed from Marts for both purchases and sales.
- Obtain an email from the Department of Agriculture and electronically compare
all animals on the CMMS against all animals on AgriNet. This is ideal for cross
- Quickly allocate feed to groups of beef animals.
- Feed, drugs and all other animal costs are included in individual animal gross
- Compare individual beef animals based on margin/day.
- Import live weights from weighing scales. Analyse average daily gains by breed,
sex, source, dam, sire and much more.
- Email all pedigree registrations and animal event data to the ICBF.
- Back ancestry data can be obtained from the ICBF by email.
- Use the fertility reports to manage the breeding herd and identify animals with
fertility problems as soon as possible.
- Get a list of cows due to calve, dry, serve, repeat, pregnancy test, etc.
- Analyse fertility performance for past breeding seasons. Identify the reasons
for poor fertility performance.
- A large amount of data can be entered in a batch format for speed of entry. This
includes purchases, sales, doses, treatments, live weights, herd test results,
- If you buy animals from another farmer that uses AgriNet, you can get all the
data from the seller electronically. There is no need to manually enter this
- Present well formatted reports to people who visit the farm to purchase
- A wide range of other reports exists to help you manage the herd.
- Manage animals that need repeat drugs and doses/vaccines
For Dairy Enterprises
- A dairy farm uses all the same features as a beef farm.
- Use email to update your computer with monthly ICBF milk recording, EBI and
- Quickly rank cows based on milk recording results for yield, fat, protein, SCC,
value of milk, EBI, etc.
- Compare this year’s milk production with the same time last year.
- Analyse trends in SCC and identify problem cows quickly.
- A number of individual animal reports are designed especially for the dairy cow.
These combine fertility, progeny, milk records, ancestry, vet events, etc.
- When selling breeding females a number of reports can be presented to buyers.
- Use the latest ICBF dairy bull proofs for bull selection and breeding purposes.
- Match bulls to cows and record your plan bulls for use during the breeding
- Plan your milk quota for the year ahead
- Transfer milk yields from automatic parlours to AgriNet.
- Send feeding levels and animal events such as calvings, dry offs, heats and
serves to a range of milking parlours.
For Sheep Enterprises
- The sheep section is built 100% around the National Sheep Identification System
- A considerable amount of management functionality has been added to NSIS to
maximise the management benefits of tagging sheep.
- Maintain a Flock Register and print Sheep Dispatch Documents. Both are fully
approved by the Department of Agriculture.
- Do an end of year flock reconciliation. Sheep can be recorded as missing as well
as died or sold. A report is available to crosscheck the flock during the
- As sheep are tagged, full detail is provided on tag colour, ear to be used and
recording of tags of origin and tags removed from the right ear.
- All data can be entered in batches for speed of data entry.
- Full ancestry records are maintained for the flock.
- Lean Meat Index (LMI) and scrappie status can be recorded.
- Record a wide variety of sheep events and notes. This helps greatly with flock
- Filter ewes that have had particular breeding or health problems.
- Analyse sheep stock movements. Display the start numbers, the end numbers and
all movements in and out between two selected dates.
- While in any of the sheep reports double-click on a sheep and a detailed report
becomes available for each sheep. This report is fully customisable so you can
pick and choose the data that you wish to look at.
- Select from a wide variety of management reports. There is great flexibility to
filter sheep that meet chosen criteria and look at different data for these
For Tillage Enterprises
- For dairy, beef and sheep farmers with a tillage enterprise on the farm, the
AgriNet software provides a tillage solution both from a field management and a
financial management point of view.
- What crops and what fields are producing the highest and the lowest gross
margins per hectare and per acre?
- Based on the cost of all actions and inputs, plus the income from grain and
straw sales, the gross margin can be calculated and compared against other crops
- All crop inputs can be allocated in batches for speed of data entry.
- Traceability of inputs through individual crops provides data for tillage crop
- Soil samples, fertilizers and sprays can be recorded for all fields and
presented to a farm assurance auditor in a suitable format.
- If you are a large specialised tillage farmer, you may wish to have a software
product that is dedicated 100% to tillage. We recommend FarmAde for this. The
FarmAde contact in Ireland is John Mahon and his contact numbers
are 087-6287899 and 059-9137787.
REPS and Nitrates Directive
- Calculate stock numbers and nutrient production from farm animals
- Plan future stock numbers and land area to stay below a target kg N/Ha for the
- Am I under 170kg N/Ha?
- Produce a fertilizer plan for a selected year
- Print a fertilizer account for a selected year
- For the nitrates directive calculate how much more N and P can be bought before
the end of the year
- Record all data required for REPS planners
- Record purchases, sales and applications of fertilizers
- View actual versus target for nutrient applications on a farm basis and also on
an individual field basis
- Avoid the excess use of nutrients
- Apply all nutrients in a batch screen for speed and accuracy of data entry
- Maximise the use of grass using measurements, wedges and budgets.
- Budgeting is a good exercise at the start and end of the growing seasons and
helps match production to demand.
- Calculate farm cover, grazing days ahead, growth rates, etc.
- Measure grass on a regular basis to see what the total farm grass cover is. This
estimates growth from the previous measurement.
- Make decisions on current feeding, fertilizer applications and retaining ground
- View the grass wedge graph for your farm for any measurement date.
- View this year versus last year for a variety of grassland variables such as
cover/LU, stocking rate, etc
- This ‘This ‘PC’ grassland software has been in use for many years. In 2010 all the
logic of this grassland software has been moved online to be part of the
discussion group software.
Pocket PC Software
- By purchasing a small hand held Pocket PC you can have your herd data in your
pocket as you work with the stock during the day.
- Some of these Pocket PCs will double up as phones as well.
- The current herd is downloaded from the desktop PC to the Pocket PC.
- As you work with animals during the day, you can view data for individual
animals and groups of animals.
- You can list animals in different orders and select animals according to
- You can use the touch screen interface to record new animal events as they
- Every few days, you can upload this new data from your Pocket PC back to the
- Field and farm events can also be recorded on the Pocket PC.
- Measure grass, apply nutrients, record milk tanks, record purchases of feed and
fertilizer, and much more.
- The AgriNet support team can recommend suitable hardware from a variety of
- What is the farm profit?
- Which of the enterprises are making money?
- The AgriNet accounts are tailor made for farming.
- Setup your own incomes, expenses and assets.
- Track all your bank accounts.
- Know what you owe and what is owed to you.
- Combine a cashbook with a bills/invoices system.
- Track VAT on an invoice basis or on a cash basis.
- Create as many enterprises as you wish and track these enterprises as
transactions are entered.
- Quickly browse all bills, invoices and payments & receipts.
- Glanbia and Dairygold can make trading statements available by email
- A bank reconciliation process exists to help you check transactions that have
cleared on the bank statement.
- VAT reconciliation exists also.
- A wide variety of reports exists. VAT reports, Trial Balance, Nominal Ledger,
Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss, Item Transaction, Bank Reconciliation, etc.
- Compare this year with previous years.
- Extensive enterprise analysis reporting exists. Track all costs per gallon or
litre of milk. Compare enterprises to each other.
- Invoice and account statement reports can be extensively modified to suit the
needs of your business.
- All reports can be exported for use by the farm accountant in either word or
- Use the forecasting section to allow you to budget for the year to come (based
on last year's actuals).
- Compare actuals v budget as you progress through the year.
- Watch the cash flow for the year.
- Excellent drill down exists in all reports to investigate issues.
- Double-click on a figure to list financial transactions that make up this figure
- make changes here as required.
- Great flexibility exists to sort transactions and filter transactions so you can
find what you are looking for.
Teagasc Profit Monitor
- eProfit Monitor is done on an annual basis and is based primarily on a set of
- The incomes and expenses in the AgriNet accounts can be quickly matched to the
Teagasc eProfit Monitor Income and Expense codes
- Stock numbers at the end of each month and stock movements during the year are
also available especially for eProfit Monitor input sheets
- Dairy Herd Monitor requires a one page Teagasc input sheet to be completed each
- AgriNet provides a dedicated stock analysis report for Dairy Herd Monitor plus
all details on feed, fertilizer, grassland, etc.
- Many clients have completed very accurate eProfit Monitor input sheets as a
result of keeping their animal and financial records up to date on the Agrinet
Training and Support
The AgriNet software is easy to use, and with some guidance from our experienced
AgriNet team, who all have over 10 years experience, you will quickly be able to
use the software.
The herd data is obtained electronically from both the ICBF and
agfood, so the herd is loaded for you on day one. Unlimited training is
available as you proceed, step by step, at your own pace.
A corner stone of the AgriNet service is the ongoing software
support. This support line is available from to , Monday to
Friday. All clients are encouraged to use this service as often as they want.
Using email effectively is important. Many emails are sent from the
farm software and received in to the farm software. If your email will not work,
we will help you get it going again.